Summer is in full swing here in Texas. Today I’m sharing some recipes that keep me cool and calm in the Texas heat.
I keep the Natural Outdoor Spray by the pool and use it when I’m in the pool on my head and hands to help keep annoyances away. We keep a standing fan by the pool to help with this, too!
The Summer Hair Spritz is great at the beach or after a shower. Just spray, scrunch, and go–and your hair smells great all day.
I love the After Sun and Cooling Spray for when I’m outdoors in the Texas heat–especially when I’m camping or at the beach. It really works to cool me off!
There is nothing like lemonade on a hot summer day, and this recipe for Lavender Lemonade made with real lemons and agave nectar is so refreshing. But I’ve decided that I may like the lavender limeade variation even better!
Note: these recipes are only for Young Living essential oils. Many oils on the market are adulterated, not therapeutic grade, and not for ingestion
Enjoy the summer!
Natural Outdoor Spray Recipe
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- Pinch of salt
- 5 drops of Purification
- 4 drops of Thieves
- 4 drops of Peppermint
- 4 drops of Lemongrass or Citronella
- 4 drops of Eucalyptus
- 1 squirt witch hazel
- Fill to top with distilled water
- (Adjust the ingredients to the size of the spray bottle; ie, double the ingredients for a 4 oz bottle.)
- Add salt to bottle, then add essential oils.
- Add witch hazel, then either water 2 oz glass spray bottle. Shake well and spray as needed on body or even around home to avoid annoyances.
- Purification also works well in a diffuser around the home, patio, porch and other areas where annoyances linger.
Sweet Salt Texturizing Hair Spritz
- 4 oz spray bottle
- 1/2 Tbsp Epsom Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp White Sugar
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Lemon
- 5 drops Cedarwood
- 3 drops Rosemary
- 1/2 Tbsp Spiced Rum (optional- helps preserve & avoid sticking)
- 1/3 Cup Distilled Water (warm)
- Add the epsom salt and sugar to the bottle.
- Add essential oils.
- Add rum, then fill almost to top with water.
- Place sprayer on bottle and tighten.
- Shake well until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Spray onto dry hair and scrunch until spray dries.
After Sun and Cooling Spray
4 oz spray bottle
2 Tbsp (1 oz) Aloe Vera Gel
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Peppermint
Fill to just below top with Everclear or vodka (preservative)
Add aloe vera gel to spray bottle. Then add essential oils and the alcohol. Shake well to mix and spray on skin as needed.
Ingredients + Directions:
- 7 lemons, peeled and juiced
- 2 limes, peeled and juiced
- 1 drop lavender oil (start with just one drop!)
- 14 cups water
- 1 & 1/2 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- Mix all ingredients together and chill.
- Add more water or agave nectar, depending on tartness OR
- Frozen concentrate lemonade. Make according to directions and add + 1 drop lavender
- Variation: Simply Limeade ® + 1 drop of lavender
Not into making your own oil recipes? Young Living has made summer even easier with two new products for summer in case you are not into DIY! A new EPA-registered insect repellent with all-natural ingredients, and Lavaderm After Sun Spray to soothe and cool.
Check them both out at https://yldist.com/janpatterson